30 September 2006

On the Prowl

After 15 minutes of walking on pins and needles, we found him. . . the sneaky gigantic roach that had disappeared from my view while I ran for a suitable shoe to kill him. The nastiest thing about this was that he had somehow crept by the computer area, less than a foot away from where I am presently sitting.
We sprayed, we banged walls, kicked floors, dumped baskets, listened for scattering (ughh, the worst part). and waited. Life somehow resumed for a while, still making me jumpy, and as I began writing this post, hubby spotted him crawling the wall toward the sliding glass window. BAM! He's dead :) Thank the Lord for my hero roach-killin' hubby. Now I can eat my yummy peanut butter toast and type this in peace.

We are going to the Comal County fair for a bit & then Chipotle for dinner. Burrito cravings have gotten to us, must satisfy . . . :)
Have a good Saturday ya'll. . . dominate them varmints!

5 comments:

shelley said...

eewwww *shudders* i can't stand roaches! haha good for Haven!

Emily said...

hehe Mames...you'd hate our laundry room...roaches everywhere! ;) hehe love you!

Kim said...

Yuck! For me that's the worst part of living in South Texas. We have sooooo many of them. The first time we had the exterminator come out he sprayed, and he got them good! We woke up for the next 2 weeks with them dead all over our floor! But after living here this long Ryan has become and excellent roach catcher

Carrie said...

Ah! One of the (many) things I do NOT miss about living in South Texas!!! I remember one evening my family had the sliding door open to let in some fresh air. We didn't have a screen and in a 5 minute time span - I'm serious - no less than 14 roaches flew through the door!!!! (We closed it.) Thankfully we had a dog at the time who thought hunting roaches was a sport. He helped my dad massacre them all.

YYYYUUUUCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

I SO TOTALLY CALLED YOU TODAY!!!! you weren't at home!!! gosh...yeah, i haven't called dad back yet...

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger