27 September 2006

New Slate



Yesterday I had a positively horrible attitude about everything. Yes, it was stress-laden, and busy, but I had volcanic anger that I was struggling to compose. Do you ever have days when everything just sets you off? It takes all you have to keep it under the wraps.

Here is a brief list of things that happened

Woke up later than normal
No time to workout
Trafficky freeway driving
House cleaning
Apartment tidying
lunch?

Busy day at work, everyone was stressed-out, lectured on something, incessant phone calls, last minute things
Rush home to change
More traffic
Missed seeing hubby before I left for BSF
traffic
Starving, grabbed Subway for dinner, ate quickly in the car

BSF -
Ushering
group time
Ushering again
Lecture on God's Wrath (Romans 1)

9 pm, back in the car to finally go home
See my hubby, cry and vent
chocolate run to Sonics for a milkshake
watched two episodes of The Office
Sleep

Now, this was just a good and full day. I had a hard time with my emotions, as Nancy Wilson puts the phrase, "your slip is showing" > yep, my slip was definitely showing. I don't do well when someone lectures me. I feel like an idiot and want to sob. What a pathetic attitude/ quite childish. I pray that God would work that right out of my system. I need to be chastized and lectured, how else will I know how to improve in my job performance? It just seems like it always comes when I am at a weak point. I guess that is where I need to lay my sword down and just say "I give up", "I will be taught".
I had road rage yesterday - there must have been an angel over my car and others' - i seriously feel ill at how I reacted. I pray for deliverance from this manic disease.

My legs were crampy because I didn't get to the gym. No excuse, I could have walked around more and taken a little break here and there at work to stretch.

Ushering was hard. Again, I need patience and grace. My heart was so bitter - I pray for kindness and a tender spirit.
Haven was sweet to listen to me vent but I feel bad about that. I kept on going on and on about it, failing to realize that he too had had a hard day. I wasn't encouraging at all & I need to confess that.
So, this probably sounds like I dragged you into a confessional booth. It just really helps to write out these struggles. When I confront them in public, maybe I can encourage others. I will post on the BSF lecture later tonight - it was convicting after the day I had.

I am a wretch - Thank you Lord for Your forgiveness, and this new day, wiped clean, a NEW SLATE ~

2 comments:

thecolonelswife said...

Amy,
The wonderful thing is that you realize heart attitudes and sinful habits that need to be changed - you are convicted and not trying to gloss things over! This is a WONDERFUL trait for a believer - to see our own sin and humble ourselves under God's mighty hand. Your post encourages me, because you are so open & honest about your sin - some times I really see myself "supressing" the thought of the wicked things I do and not taking the time to get them right. Just know this, you are a VERY precious daughter of the KING!!

Zephaniah 3:17 "the Lord your GOd is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." This is how the God of all creation feels about you!

Hofwoman said...

Thank you Christa - that was incredibly encouraging - May God bless you :)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger