08 September 2006

Happy Birthday Em!



Today is my baby sister's birthday . . . but she ain't no baby anymore though, she is 18, now an 'adult'.

Emily has been like a rock to me these past 7 years especially. Through some really difficult times, she's stood strong, she's grown, and she's blossomed. The Lord has saved Emily Susan from a life of pain and has given her great joy. Her heart bursts with love for her Savior and her God. She is 'on fire' as they say, for God.
One of my very favorite memories when we were growing up was (sorry Em, this one is embarrassing ;)when we would take down my dad's saw horses and practice 'vaulting', gymnastics. This is normally done on a real horse, but we didn't have one, so we improvised. I would lay on my back on this very narrow 'horse back' and balance Em on my feet and would twist and twirl her all over the place. We were pretty good actually - we had two saw horses, so we came up with all sorts of routines. It was silly and perhaps really dangerous, but we had so much fun (until we got bigger and the saw horses couldn't take it anymore!).

This is her first year away from home and I miss her immensely - but I am excited for the Lord's will. She beautiful and the best & I love her!

Happy Birthday Kid!

1 comments:

Kim C. said...

Happy birthday to your sis, and what a beautiful way to say it - I love the memories of your childhood!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger