04 September 2006

Labor Day

Days off are the greatest . . . perfect times to take adventures and to explore. Austin was on our mind today. We poked around the the web to find an excuse to go up there (really, do we need an excuse?) The drive is a quick hour from where we live. We hit the Zilcher Botanical garden (on the river - Colorado River, I believe?) - We found a stone bench to eat our picnic lunch and then walked down by the river a little bit. . . we saw some dope-heads, a ton of kids in canoes, two peaceful swans, mean ducks, but no sightings of gators (folks, that's a Florida & Louisiana thing) ;) Don't hold your breath, but I think that the heat has finally turned a little bit - I think that fall is slowly setting in here :) Austin was pleasant and almost "Seattle-ish".
We went to the Capitol as well - that was beautiful.
The interior is so gorgeous - it must have taken forever to carve, stack, cement, and polish. . .
Anyway - H and I just played an awesome game of scrabble - and,I am laughing because Haven took a picture of it - it truly was a work of art



Tomorrow begins a pleasantly shorter work-week, hurray!

Here's Austin :)




















1 comments:

Emily said...

Hey mames!! what a fun trip! I miss you!!! love you very much!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger