11 October 2006

Where it all began . . .


This is a pic of my great-grandparents Obera on their wedding day, June 1925.
My Noni gave us this card for our anniversary - very clever idea. I have a couple of old teacups that were hers, and a locket of them as well that she gave to me. I can't wait to pass these on to my daughter someday :)

Look at my GGrandma's bouquet ~ It looks like quite a handful! I am still trying to figure out what kind of flowers she was carrying. No wonder I love blooms so much ;) I still have not seen a picture where my GGrandfather is smiling, but I know that he must have been very happy that day.

I think that the sun must have been shining on them because they all appear to be squinting.
My Papa (my grandfather) looks so much like his dad :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so special! I've seen my Grandma and Grandpa Sciscoe's wedding photos and they hold so much beauty even beneath the surface. It is great that they are keeping such good memories for you.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger