01 August 2006

Secret Land of Mine




This enchanted place is where my maternal great-grandfather was from. Story goes his father and mother came to the states and left him there at likely, 12 years of age, to work his way over. He made enough to get to the Hawaiian island of Kauia (and I think that's proper spelling). He worked on a sugar plantation (which my family tried to located when we went there several years ago) and then finally got over to the mainland. I have the entire account somewhere, but it would take a while to find.

Portugal - ahh, someday. . .:)

1 comments:

Hofwoman said...

Ohh so beautiful, thank you!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger