31 July 2006

Java Jabber



Haven't done this for a while. . . sat down with a steaming cup of coffee I mean. . .
I can't believe how bleak mornings can look without it -
I think this just about lists it though:

1. The sense of comfort - When your alarm first goes off, my first thought is to roll back over and go back to nigh nigh. . . but thinking about taking a shower and then brewing some coffee sends some comfort to aid in the most needed moment.

2. Refreshing, and nothing else can describe it - pulling the cold coffee bag out of the freezer to grind the beans.

3. That sound - the grinder, the drip-drop/slurp sounds it makes while its brewing.
4. Smell - the ground beans, the brew.
5. And finally, the taste - silky smooth black coffee - black - Mmmmm

The best deal and taste I found for your everyday is "Seattle Mountain Blend" (for us Seattle lovers) - at Costco, in a 40 oz. bag, $8.99 - lasts us a little over a month or so.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You make me wish I were a coffee lover. Alas, though I've tried to become addicted (aka not a sluggard in the morning), I've failed every time.

I like the thought of coffee, the smell of coffee, coffee-flavored treats (like ice cream), etc. Just can't make myself like the taste...unless it's "fru-fru" coffee, like from that place that charges $5/cup. I think it's name starts with an S?

PerryC said...

Didn't Ben Franklin say "Coffee is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"?

I know it was something like that...

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger