18 July 2006

Wash

My sink is full of dirty dishes. . .

and now step on a soapbox (ha ha)

Do you ever feel like your heart is too? I need to wash things clean again, and vaccuum the carpet. . . everything feels so dirty.

Cleansing. Its a concept that never grows old. Why do we hate going without a shower and yet spiritually, our hearts are black? Everyday we wash our tombs and then add more sin to our hearts. I hate how hypocritical this is.

I started crying in the shower this morning. . . what a great place of confession. You can get both physically and spiritually cleansed at the same time ;)

I'll admit, its just been a hard week already. Yesterday, I just wanted to go home - heaven I mean. . . (then I was like, "I need to help populate the earth first" ;) No really though, the sin, confession and renewal process is wearing. . . I can't wait to be freed from this mortal body forever. I know I am already freed, make no mistake, but you know what I mean.

To be washed and to stay clean. . .

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen Amy. Sometimes I just like I'm confessing the same sins over and over. Will I ever learn?

cdorsey said...

I hear ya and can relate. Confession. It's the fertilizer that makes your relationship with your Father in Heaven grow.

Catheirne
http://eshetchayil.blogspot.com
http://angelfoodcakeisntacandle.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger