25 July 2006

Cava (french for 'hiya)

Hiya . . .(English for "cava")

I am typing with an iron burn on my right wrist. . . this was not purposeful, I just was foolishly trying to reach the dryer knob behind the steaming iron that I had just unplugged. Embarrassed by my own stupidity -


We are house-sitting for the next 10 days. . . I have been trying to be as frugal and thought through about it as possible, and its still hard. We live in two places, and I miss my bed, not having to fill up twice a week, not really having to commute to work, etc., etc., alas & anon -

My best friend has been in town this weekend. I took two days off work to be a bum & remember what it was like to really have a summer vacation (yeah, what's that?). We got our hair highlighted. . . yeah, I have never done that before, and when the bill rang up, I decided that I may as well never do it again. Its growing on me (ha ha) - she streaked it two different colors (can you guess?). Red and blonde and so it looks chic . . . Haven likes it. I am beginning to like it more as time goes on. Its just so dramatic when I really wanted it as natural looking as possible. Oh well.

Well, I am off to quickly celebrate the birthday of my BW (Best Woman - gimmicked off "You, Me & Dupree - which, I might mention, is hilarious.

Ta ta -
Love,
Shades of Red and Blonde

2 comments:

Kim C. said...

Can't wait to see your highlights - sounds like a good look for you!

Stephanie said...

You aren't going to show us any pictures? I had a dream about you and your highlights last night, and they were all glittery! Kinda punkish, with sparkles in all sorts of wild colors. It was totally you ;)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger