30 August 2006

I cried out to You . . .


And Oh Lord, You answered me. . .

-It seems like it has been an eternity since we had rain here. The drought has hit us heavily - the ground has been thirsting, flowers are dying, and lawns have turned to yellow. The sun has been relentless and tormenting.
And then, when we needed it the most, when we has given up hope, You swept the sky into your hands and tossed together a storm. You filled the barren clouds with rain and caused them to burst over us. And now we are alive again. The earth is cool & the air is fresh.
It rained for a good hour at least, last night. Steady rain - I drenched my bouganvillias in it. H & I walked in the remains after it had stopped, filling our lungs with the smell. And this morning, it still smells the same - rain. I took another walk to savor every last bit of this cool breeze. I hope that this is the beginning of fall. . . summers here are so long and cruel. . .

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

WHAT??!!???? An hour of rain?! And you only live a few miles from us! We got about 5 minutes of a soft patter, then zip. No more. Nada. Still dry as a bone.

oh, well. We smelled it while we could.

Hofwoman said...

hmm, maybe Haven and I are holier than ya'll ;) JK!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger