13 August 2006

Always New

I am sleepy, but I can't sleep. I just got off the phone with my best friend, and that left me all anxious for her (drama, drama, drama).

I was just thinking about how dear the Word has been to me lately. I am ashamed to relate that I read it not near enough as I should, but when I do, it is like a waterfall on me.
Last Friday, I finally finished reading through the Psalms, in my the KJV Bible that H gave me recently. I began Proverbs and stumbled on my own emotions - all the pages are fresh and some are yet to be turned and read. Its all so new and precious. I am so thankful to have a new Bible for this phase of life. I received my first "real" Bible from my parents on my eleventh birthday. It was an American Standard, black leather edition that took me through age 11 until recently. I marked up many verses and scribbled thoughts and prayers in the margins. . . it was full of pain and joy and hope. I remember every place I took it,and how it even got lost on a Northwest Airlines flight from Moscow, Idaho to San Antonio, TX.
And this kind of leads me to another thought - Its funny how dear our Bibles are to us. . . how, "I love Thy Word, Oh Lord" applies to children of the Lord, so easily. The Lord grows in us such a strong desire to know Him through His Word. We can't get enough, just look at our Bibles . . .

Though the binding and pages may grow old, His Word is always new and alive. . .

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't bring myself to use my new Bible as much as I do the one I've had all these years. Prayers from visits with dad, notes from Doug's old sermons, rips and tears from use...I love it! It's falling apart and wonderful! :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing your heart on this, Amy. I love those times when I'm convicted to be in the Word more, and I'm reminded of how refreshing it is.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger