24 August 2006

Thoughts

I read the saddest article in the newspaper this morning. It just broke my heart. A woman was asking for advice on how to love her baby, who was born very much unwanted by both her and her husband. I couldn't believe how sad this was. I could see her pain over it, and her desire to give her child to parents who would love her and see raising her as a joy. She was depressed, she was miserable, exhausted and it was a burden. I felt bad that she had no close family nearby to help her. But, I was immediately struck at how she could have this attitude.
I have obviously never had any children, but everytime I read or hear about someone's pregnancy, it makes me so emotional. A life is being grown inside of you, a miracle given by the Father, and I would imagine how close and connected you feel to him/her during the different phases. When that baby is born, I can only imagine how incredibly moving it must be. And, I am not smooth-coating everything with a child as pleasant and rosy, but it must be so worth it, ever bit.

Oh, I can't wait for that day. :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

How sad! While I can't imagine those feelings. I sounds as though she is in post-partum depression, in which case I could understand the hopelessness that she feels.

joe said...

me too, mames! ;)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

That poor lady! Post-partum can be helped. She may get some help since she had her story(or should we say cry for help) in the paper. We all need to pray for her.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger