18 August 2006

Tasting, tasting, 1, 2, 3 . . .

Hmm. . . dilemmas indeed.

Tonight, while making our usual Hollywood video rounds, we naturally mosied on over to HEB to peruse the ice cream isle . . .what yummy delights were hidden in those freezers! - And, better yet the two of the small 2 pint size for $5? Oh, you've snagged me Mr. Butts . . . ;)

Well, here's the dealio - ice cream does not cooperate with my tummy very well - I am a "lactarded" (lactose intolerant). Oddly enough, I can eat Frozen yogurt fine. . . so, when we go ice creaming - I look for the yo.

Haven's new favorite for HEB ice cream - Java Chocolate Chip - it is yummy (I have licked the scoop spoon) ;)

Me - I go for Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frozen yogurt - this, an oldie, carried me thorugh harried finals weeks at college. . . all you need is a spoon and you can just eat it out of the container (I know, kind of like a bachelor, but it works).
Tonight, after eyeing that temptingly dark and seductive "Mayan Chocolate" that everyone has been raving about ( I will get there eventually), I ventured over to the lighter side - I tried Hagan Daz's Light 1/2 the fat ice cream (testing my tummy limits):
Cookie dough and Caramel Chip/Cone (or something like that).

Consensus? Ughh. . . I tried cookie dough and wanted to gag - it was too sweet for my taste. . . I have a feeling that the other one will be as disapointing as the first.

Maybe I should stick to my tride and true. . . Ben & Jerry, you are sooooo good ;)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's one of my favorites, too! Except I was flabbergasted in college to find out that one of those containers was supposed to constitute FOUR servings!! By WHOSE silly standards?! I figured it was like a personal pan pizza...the perfect size to polish off by yourself!

Hofwoman said...

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that too . . . it really isn't that big though!? Its crazy - they're crazy . . . resist the system and just have that ice cream!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger