03 October 2006

You're Changing Me Slow But Surely

Let's see if this Tuesday will be a little better than last - I think it will.

I feel like I don't deserve the patience that H has for me. I can honestly be a BRAT & he still sticks it out and gently calls me back. Hmm, small picture of how the Lord works in the lives of His own.

In the midst of the mini dramas, the Lord eagerly blesses in ways unexpected & completely unforeseen. The biggest would have to be receiving a phone call from someone I've been feeling so estranged from recently. I had resigned myself to believe that this would happen so much further down the road. . . guess not.

I was able to confess my anger to Haven last night. There is an underlying anger in me that has risen quite frequently lately. H has noticed it in me, but figured it would pass. I have been ashamed at how I have made it into a habit (like I need another bad habit?!).

This is such a weird time for me. I feel like all of my sins are crawling out of the closet, like cockroaches or something (hmm) - Okay, I know that's a gross analogy, but I hate both sin and cockroaches and somehow, I am convinced that they must be related.
The kicker is how I am dealing with the sin. The Lord is convicting me, and I am learning painfully that I must not run from His conviction. Everytime I try to run away, He calls me back with His power.
I cannot express how grateful I am that His power is stronger than my sin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really learned to begin appreciating how marriage, while spotlighting our faults, also makes confession and repair so glorious.

Hofwoman said...

Amen - what a humbling magnificent thing we have been given. . .

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger