20 October 2006

Hubby's 25 :)

Today is Haven's 25th.
Here' a little about my hubby - lemme see if I can get 25 things down here:




1. He is a man of God. I am so thankful for his leadership and humility before our Lord. It really is such a joy to submit to someone who earnestly desires to submit to Christ.

2. He is a great provider - he faithfully works his tail off for us, and for our future. He was a wonderful work ethic and many people have noticed that. I am so proud of him.

3. He makes the best chocolate chip cookies - hands down, to die for. From scratch. At just the right time of month too ;)

4. He has the patience of a saint - which complements me in my weakness.

5. He appreciates details - He loves learning about new things, he loves history, and he always brings to light things that I have passed over or have not noticed. I love this aspect about him.

6. He loves chocolate . . . a lot. (Could a wife ask for more in a husband???)

7. He is such a romantic - He leaves me little notes in nooks and crannies - on my car dash board, on the bathroom mirror, under my pillow, and one time, in the coffee grinder! He also will bring me flowers for no reason, and will whisk me away to dinner out if I have had a bad day. . .

8. He is so handsome. I didn't ever think of myself as looking for a "tall, blond, blue eyed" kind of guy. . . until he stepped in :)

9. He loves his mother - can I get a 'hallelujah' women?! This man loves his mother - need I say anymore? He is not a "momma's boy" either. When we were pre-courting and courting, I saw him interacting with the women in his family on different occasions and knew that he would treat me well from what I saw. Furthering that - he loves his family - a lot and they are all very close-knit, which is so special.

10. He comes from a Dutch heritage - you can tell by his looks especially. What a mix we are, a funny one indeed - Dutch + Portugese/Irish/etc./etc.


11. He is very skilled with his hands - he worked carpentry in college, and did metal roofing last year with A-Lert - he loves to use the gifts that God has given him, and I love that about him. We are looking forward to moving into a house so that he can do some projects.

12. He is not crazy about Texas - sorry folks, we are not really big Texas fans. We are happy and content to be wherever the Lord places us, but what can we say? He hails from Washington (Seattle) and I from California (by-the-sea) - END OF STORY.

13. He loves me - what a guy. That truly takes a lot sometimes. He seeks to know me better each day. He is faithful to me, and desires to make me happy.


14. He is great with kids - I am eager to make him a daddy.


15. He has a servant heart - he really looks to the needs of others above his own. He's quick to help and make everyone feel comfortable.

15. He shares - his chocolate, his money, his ideas, etc. etc.

16. He loves my parents, family and extended family - He sought to please my step-dad when he courted me. He managed to stuff food down even when he told my mom that he was not that hungry. He jokes with my sisters. He endured my brothers. He gets along with my cousins. He chats with my grandmothers, he watched golf and football with my grandpa. He survived the Obera family - wow, he's such a jem -


17. He likes big dogs - there will never be any rat dogs in our house, I can rest assured.


18. He likes to watch chick flicks - with me, and a snack, and a snuggly blanket.


19. He does the dishes for me - sometimes he's insist that I need to stay put. Okay.


20. He loves adventures - we love to explore new places together, he takes new paths and will chart out neat routes for us to take.

21. He does his own laundry - yep. I have never had to do it. I think he just prefers to do his own. Did I mention that he irons his own clothes too? I sometimes do it for him, but he usually does it.

22. He likes to read - all sorts of books; science fiction, historical fiction, books on war, World mag., the paper, etc.


23. He cleans up after himself - and the wife said "hurray!"


24. He is funny - God put a fine sense of humor in that boy, He sure did. He can make me laugh till it hurts.

25. Whew - Now that he is 25, I think our car insurance goes down a little bit.


Happy Birthday Love! You're the best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup, that's my bro. yay for haven!!

joe said...

haven, you're awesome! and happy birthday! mames, congrats for getting such a keeper. i got one too. :) praise God.

love to you both, and mames i'll call you soon. jen

Emily said...

yay!! it's his birthday!!!! tell him his coolest amazing gift from his coolest little 18 year old sister-in-law will be late because she's still adding to the amazingness of it. ;) love you both!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Haven!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I agree with all you said about Haven. Yes, he really does love his mom, and his mom misses the boy mucho! He treats all women like ladies! I can't wait to see him taking his daughter on a date!

I love this blog, not just because it tells me a lot about my daughter-in-law (her worth is far above rubies), but also because I can keep up on my son!
Love,
M2

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger