17 October 2006

So on top of it, or is it just my imagination?


Yeah, I do feel like I have climbed a mountain for some strange reason. Its one of those 'catch-up' days. I got up early, worked out, sparklitized my parents' castle, then sparklitized mine, did the laundry, and pulled out my red crock pot for the first time in many many moons. I decided to do a simple dinner for tonight - the 'usual' chicken with condensed soups and snippet of garlic salt - drat, I had no vegetables to put in there - I have mashed potatoes from last night that my hungry man can eat. I must say, it sounds better than his usual Tuesday frozen pizza dinner.
Anyone want to share some of their favorite slow cooker meals with me? ;)

Tuesdays are still a little rushed, now that BSF is back in full swing, but I am finally adjusting, and trying to keep on top of everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben's mom taught me to stick a roast in my crock-pot with a can of french onion soup. I like to add potatoes, carrots, onions and whatever else I have on hand in there, with a splash of beer. It takes 6-8 hours, but it's SO yummy. Good cold weather comfort food. Congrats on getting so much done, you should throw some of your magic dust my way! :-)

Anonymous said...

we have been making a stoganoff. Take cubed beef throw in the crock pot at high 6 hours but after two hours add a can cream of mushroom soup, 1 evelope Lipton Beefy onion soup pkg. and 1 envelope of Lipton onion and mushroom soup a mix those with water in the soup can and pour in the crock pot. Than after the 6 hours has finished add a jar of mushrooms, a pkg of egg noodles and turn the crock pot back to high but just until the noodles are cooked unusally about 20 mins or so. Than stir in sour cream. It's done.

Emily said...

Alas...little single college student that I am, I have no good meal recipes. I sit here eating my meager bowl of corn chex and dream of cooking again ;) I made Stephen's muddy buddies to bring to my girl's tonight at Bible study :) does that count as cooking?

Praise God for Tuesdays! Hasn't it been a productive day?! We must have connected brain waves this morning. I was up and awake at 5, wrote a paper from 5:30-7:00. Went grocery shopping til 8. Prepared my lesson for Bible study tonight and all the snacks. Had brunch. Went downtown for errands. Came home. Now I'm wasting time for a few minutes :) a good day.

I miss my sister.
love you!

Hofwoman said...

Oh goodness, those recipes sound mouthwatering - can't wait to try them, thanks! :)

Em - I miss you too - you 'industrious one', you! ;)

Moriah, the picture is from "Illusions Gallery", titled, 'Cinderella' by Valentine Cameron Prinsep. I love it too, and wish that we could afford it!
http://www.illusionsgallery.com/Cinderella-Prinsep.html

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger