24 July 2007

Cuz there's a little bit of something me, in everything in you


I didn't expect the rainstorm today, I didn't expect to be sad this evening. You might laugh if you saw us now . . . my pup and I are mopey tonight - Big Daddy ain't here :( Hector won't eat his dinner - I dunno if he is just being picky or if he is depressed. . .

This evening, I got some groceries, Hector got a long walk, and now its time to wind down. Its hard to wind down when you are so wound up . . .


Sigh.

I am looking at a crystal candy jar that holds 100 precious strips of paper that Haven wrote for me, when we were 100 days away from getting married. I keep it in a place where I can easily grab one at random and remember how much he loves me.

And, as if just to remind me again, another card came in the mail today, postmarked from Kansas, from my own Alert roofing man. Oh, how I love that guy.

So, I end in the land of random. Such is life these days.

3 comments:

Emily said...

can we have a mopey day together tomorrow after work?

jen said...

sweet amy, you are enduring a sadness that every wife empathizes with. but, your Father is with you, and He knows your heart. you will be reunited soon, and it will be so sweet.

can i call you? love to you.

Hofwoman said...

Jen - Thanks :)


& of course you can call me, we're friends right? ;)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger