16 July 2007

Airports ain't nothin' but places to cry . . .

I am home.

Chicago is now a memory, unpacked like my suitcase. I was a bad person and did not make use of my gifts; i.e. pictures were few and far between. At any rate, seeing my best friend was a perfect excuse to take off work last Friday ;)

An engagement makes a friend all the more lovely. Being loved makes one lovely, I swear. My sweet BF was bubbly, excited, and emotional - the normal 'engaged' combination. I walked away almost wishing that I could be engaged and get married again, just because its one of the most awesome times of life. Okay, and stressful. Okay, and I would not give up being married ;) But man, bridal showers are the BOMB. Remember all the amazing gifts you received when you got married? I am starting to approach my towel and dishes life-limit now ;)

Well. I am home alone. My pup is keeping me company. Or maybe its the other way around. I just took a hot strawberries n' champagne bubble bath in my luscious, under-used tub, and now I am ready for a nice bedtime.

I miss my hubby :( He'll be home in 19 days, and I am praying that they will go fleetingly.


Without him, this list doesn't make any sense. I have no ground to stand on for my pet peeves. ;)
Which makes me look at them in a whole new way. The things that my hubby does that annoy me are little reminders to me of who I am and of how much I love him in general. Okay, so I don't exactly love the heap of clothing on the floor, or the fact that he leaves crumpled dishtowels disheveled on the rack, but, without those little things, I have nothing to pick up and life is so empty without them. I almost am tempted to go throw his clothes on the floor ;)

I won't ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crumpled dishtowels on the rack? I think that's awesome.

Smaller things aside, I hope the days go quickly when Haven is away. I could suggest a lot of good books, if you want. (Not that they could replace him,...)

Love ya,
M2

Hofwoman said...

I'd love some book suggestions - Anneke just gave me a great one that I practically engorged called 'Bella Tuscany'. Excellent :)

Love you too :) - I will call you this week.

Stephanie said...

Man, I skip your blog for a day or two, and miss out on all the big news! I'm sorry you're lonely, and bummed because we really wanted to have you guys over soon! Guess it'll have to wait...again. ;)

Emily said...

yeah...i definitely caught you...

you threw his shoes on the floor upstairs didn't you? ;) I was watching a movie up there and was like, wait a second... ;)

you're cute :)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger