18 January 2006

Morning


Its cold in here. I think that I am going to break down and turn up the heat. But not just yet. I am determined to do this without being wimpy. I have a heck of a hoody and flannel pj bottoms. My feet are slipper-less. I think that they are somewhere in the other room. Oh, I don't want to get them, they'd be too cold anyway. Carpet's good enough, and when that's not working, I will just tuck my flexible feet underneath me, indian-style. Oh yes, and I have the glowing light of my monitor to keep me warm.
I can hear an audience outside the sliding glass door, "WIMP, WIMP, WIMP!". I know, I know. This is not that cold. But when you have been living in humidity fro 6 months practically, anything below 75 is cold. Man,living in Moscow made me so tough. I will have great stories to tell my children someday, along the lines of, "your mother walked through ice & snow to get an honest education". 'Course, they might be like, "mom, what's ice and snow?" like its some kind of phenomenon. Oh brother indeed.

Funny story to tell you. I took down the tree last week, and set it on the patio for the lumberjack to take to the dumpster. Well, when he got home, he waited until it was dark and then told me to keep watch on the sidewalks for people. (He thinks that throwing out trees in the dumpster is not allowed). So, anyway, "Bunyan" throws the tree like a limp fish over the rail, and hoists it on his shoulder and books it to the back dumpster,then booked it back to our place like nobody's business - it was pretty funny - like we were toting a body somewhere or something. Yes, we are TREE KILLERS!!!! MU HA HA HA HA!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger