30 January 2006

Considerations

Recent changes have sent me back to the proverbial "thinking bench".
Here's the secret. . . I really would like to become a Christian school counselor/children's mentor. . . there it is - out in the open - the thing that I want to get my fingers into. Right now, I am doing a lot of considering, for one, how do I get there? This is so engrained in me, to help other people. Working around counselors has only made me want to be one more.
Back to the changing times - there is a space of time right now, as I am not with child, nor bound tightly to a full-time job. I am still seeking part time employment (I may have a lead now). Going back to school to study this specifically would help keep my brain sharp. Getting there just seems kinda fuzzy. I am struggling with the thought of having this take over my life too - my life belongs to Haven now, and even though he has given me such blessing and freedom to look into this, I would never want anything I did to interfere with serving him and doing what I am first called to do - be a wife and mother his children.
But getting into counseling as a part time endeavor would be incredibly fulfilling right now. . . Later, when kids are grown more, I could pursue it again too. Anyway, this is thinking out loud now. We'll see what happens.

1 comments:

Emily said...

you've always been the counseling type...that would be good for you

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger