15 January 2006

Applesauce Cake Recipe


This is what I made this morning ~ MMMmmm GOOD!

(Yields 12 servings)

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped apples (I used Gala variety)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup applesauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9 inch square pan. In a medium bowl, combine apples and flour. Add cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Dissolve baking soda in applesauce and mix into creamed butter. Add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
Pour batter in pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Serve hot with whipped cream :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

oh yum! no no...what i meant in the other comment was how did you post to my site?! that's amazing! i love that picture though!!!

Hofwoman said...

I logged in, and published. You have the freedom to take people off and on as "members" on your blog. Did you know that you had added me on there? I am perfectly content on my blog - feel free to take my name off if you want (Silly goose, you! ;) )

Emily said...

oh no---i knew i added you--i just didn't know what all we can do!! IT"S SO EXCITING!!! feel free to post on my blog any time =) haha...it's fun! i love you

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger