28 January 2006

High and Thankful

If only everyone close and dear to me could live in San Antonio . . . just for this night, just to see the sunset.
I first noticed it from the kitchen, a welcome break from making loaves and loaves of banana bread. I saw a stretch of rose pink on the building across from us, the reflection of the greater picture. Haven grabbed me and we went outside to see it for real.
Its all orange and pink, glowing bright like embers in a flame, spread across the expanse of Texas sky. My words fall short, but my admiration runs high.
Nights like these aren't few. . . but each sunset is so unique, and so different from the last. Earthly beauty is so hard to describe. It leaves us speechless sometimes, while other times, the words come quick and we are able to put it so eloquently, but it still runs short of being adequate.
It makes me wonder -if this is just earthly beauty, how much greater and more glorious is the Divine Beauty? We will behold the King in glory someday, and we will be speechless, for He is Beauty Himself, He is Glory Himself.

5 comments:

Emily said...

OH MY GOSH AMY!!!! I saw that sunset too!!!! I was taking a nap and I woke up looking outside at the PINK!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so glad somebody else got to see it too. I love you so much...we are sisters =)

Hofwoman said...

Yes we are sisters :0 Ain't it the bestest too!

Emily said...

amen--hey let's do something this week...when are you free?

Hofwoman said...

Ummm - Anytime kiddo! love you~

Emily said...

i'll call you tomorrow--maybe we can run around in the afternoon =)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger