10 November 2006

Such a beautiful disaster

It's Friday. . . I am glad. This week was sort of wearing me down. I think that the last straw was dinner last night. We are unbelievably low on groceries, kinda just eeking it by til Saturday. I am unbelievably low on creative solutions for meals. Poor hubby. Our poor stomachs endured remnants of a past dinner gone awry. Leftovers are usually yummy things. Not last night. It wasn't horrible. It just wasn't good. I had to preface said dinner before prayer with

"babe, if this doesn't taste good, and I don't think that it will, can we just go to McDonald's or something"?

I felt ashamed to say that, me trying to be a good and frugal wife and all, but I am tired of trying to make magic happen from ground turkey meat. I can make delicious turkey burgers, meatballs, meatloaf, spaghetti and casseroles, but I think I just hit a wall. Well, anyway -

He ate it and did not complain, he actually said it was alright. I think I just married a good man. He takes me out on Fridays - AMEN. My kitchen can breathe a sigh of relief.

I thought my table looked pretty though (looks can be so deceiving ;)- We got the red roses on sale - one dozen for $7.99



This morning, I got sucked into a vaccum of personality quizzes. Time wasters . . . Yahoo knows how to grab me sometimes. I am such a 'weakie' too, I don't fight things like these, they really are interesting. . .


RED

You have incredible will-power and you are capable of overcoming obstacles that would stop others.
You enjoy a pleasant and colorful environment.
You are capable of bursts of high energy spontaneity, though generally more "laid back".
You are energetic and interested in many areas of life.
You are capable of accomplishment when consciously focused and persistent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M2 here,
I think those things are too interesting too. Sometimes they are horoscopes by another name, like "color-scopes". Father made the entire prism and it is all good. I have also found I like different colors at different times in my life. 10 years ago it was all Delft blue and white, with Scandanavian accents. Now I want exotic greens and reds, chenille, textures..... O well. At least I am not frozen in time.
Love,
M@

thecolonelswife said...

I'm with you on the ground turkey thing - there is only so much I know how to make without repeating. If you come up with any new recipes - PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!??

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger