02 November 2006

Crowded by the city, all around me

I don't think that I am very good at living in the city. The traffic has been horrible lately, worse than ever. The usual 10 min. drive to my parent's place is now taking about 30 minutes. Chalk it up to road construction, more people, strings of stoplights, and tractors traveling north and south every day. Its getting ridiculous. I am surprised that I haven't popped an blood vessel by now.
But it'll get better, I know. We are on the brinks of relocating soon.

I have my day off today - well, I have a dentist appointment. I am not fond of having metal objects prodding at my teeth. But I am in need of a teeth cleaning. Blah.
We are going to eastern Texas this weekend for a retreat - should be really fun. I have never been to the eastern part of Texas. When we pass through Houston, we thought it'd be fun to swing by the IKEA store in the area. I love IKEA! That's one store I miss so much! The closest one we have here is in Roundrock (up by Austin, roughly, 2 hours from us or so).
I am starting to get stuff together for the trip and trying to stay away from the 80 chocolate chip cookies my hubby made last night (into the late hours). They are for dessert for the retreat, so that is a relief. Its just that he made extra . . . and they are stashed in odd places since the cookie jar is overflowing. Like in zippies in the fridge . . . hmm.
Its been getting chillier here. Relief, finally. It takes a long time for fall and winter to kick in in Texas. When it does, you forget how hot and cranky you were and you can breath. This year, fall seems more like a California spring. That's okay, as long as we keep the humidity off for a bit.
Anyway. I will get to the BSF lesson sometime this afternoon. I am going to take a walk and enjoy the 'fall' here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...i really miss Haven's cookies. not that they were around much; they disappeared too quick. ;)

Emily said...

:)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger