24 November 2006

Can we turn off the ac yet? after all, its almost December ...

Two bags full of christmas decor are slumped against our coffee table trunk . . . has the season really begun?
I think I was a little dazed and blinded as I made my way slowly through the aisles at Michael's, only interested in finding a plain full, christmas wreath. It took more than 10 minutes to find what I was looking for. . . sans the glittery finish, the pinecones, the frou frou fluffity-doo-dah trimmings. . .
I managed to hit some bargains with my own selections of trimmings. I am a cranberry decor fanatic - gold ribbon and cranberry strands are my christmas staples.

And, to not completely buck the Black Friday trend, I hit one store - not the mall, (thank heavens) but Payless shoes where I found an affordable pair of tall black boots. :) And then I promptly went back home to safety from the vicious shoppers. I am being a computer junkie for a while.

H's half day went a little longer than I expected, but he should be home pretty soon.
Leftovers are brimming in my fridge. . . extra pie slices are oozing, set atop the stove top. It twas a very happy day indeed. Parts of the family are here for a few days. :)
So, off we go into the Christmas season. I think I would be a little more 'in the spirit' if it was colder. . .oh well :)


Cheers, jingles, ho ho ho's, and all that jazz. . .

Ugghh, Black Friday - Is it really worth it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insane! It sounds like you got some great deals, though - way to go! This is actually the first year in a long time that I didn't participate in the madness. However, I had my sisters pick up a coat for me ($50 off!) so I guess I did sort of participate, even though I slept in while they fought the masses, heh heh heh.

Aren't leftovers great? I'm looking forward to the Christmas season... I kind of like all the craziness. :) And the parties. ;)

Carrie said...

I love cranberries and gold trimmings myself! I bet your house looks beautiful!

And I found a great place to "celebrate" Black Friday. Try a small college town with a big football team. Try a big football game against the other in-state football team. Everyone is watching the game. No crowds in the stores. You can beat that with anything less than Amazon.com!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger