28 March 2006

Slow but Surely

I love the lyrics of this song. Lately, I have been struggling with doubt, with fear of the unknown, and this song by Downhere popped into my head.
Last night, we prayed in faith to the Most High God, who was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Who sent His Son for us, Who delights to save His children, Who forgives us of our sins, Who grants us faith and freedom, Who loves us. We prayed for His will, for their is much before us now, and the only way that it can ever be done is through His power.



I knew the times would come and now the times have landed
With stinging abrasion As ready as I seem to be
It’s never like I planned it, yeah

I’m wrestling my thoughts I’m overcome
Would you give me up I’m asking Lord
There’s no where I sense Your presence here
So I will cry out, until I go

From Protest to praise
You’re always amazing me
You’re changing me slow, but surely
And You’re gonna see me to the end

How long will I be forgotten by You forever
You’re not making sense here
Seems like eternity has made a home between us, yeah

You’re changing me slow
I just can’t help but see it that way
Cuz You’re gonna see me to the end

2 comments:

Emily said...

uhuh...we need to have a amy/emily night sometime...i REALLY need to talk to you...i need some sister wisdom on one of our parental units...i'll give you a guess on which one....her name starts with "mom" ah!!!!

Hofwoman said...

Ems -
I am writing this in the midst of everything going on, so it probably isn't that great of an importance at the moment. . . but, I am here for you. I rememeber having a really hard time at this point in my own life, when I was about ready to graduate h.s. and move on to college. It seemed like eternity till I was out of the house. But then you blink and its over. . . yes, lets get together soon. . . in the meantime, know that I love you and you are in my prayers. . .

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger