27 February 2008

Of things lovely

I love scarves. I have many of them, in colors bright, soft, pale and patterned, bold and striking.
I wore them more in my college days, they worked well with pea coats and in my hair. . .

Unfortunately, these days they rarely have the opportunity to make an appearance outside of my closet.

There they hang, lifeless on plastic hangers. This tragedy struck me this morning when I was standing in my closet, scrounging for some clothes to wear to work. I wondered about how one might look, wrapped loosely around my neck with the black long sleeved tailor shirt I had picked out.

Hmmm.

But, for some reason, I didn't feel confident enough. Somehow, I needed to think this accessory option through more and I just didn't have the time.

But then again, spontaneity in accessorizing can sometimes be a lovely thing. So many options with these lovely things like broaches, scarves, headbands and bangles - we are blessed to have such things in our drawers and closets.

Now to have the confidence to wear them? Now that is a lovely thing.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger