04 March 2008

Crank

(this is from last friday night - tid bit late in posting)

Last night began with a cheery start, as weazled my way through heavy traffic, home to my dear Hubby. We were raring to watch our Spurs take on the Mavs and so I fixed some super yummy burritos, beans and rice and we settled in for the exhilarating game that kept us on the edge the entire way through. Halftime came around, Spurs were up by one in this extremely close game and we both agreed that a trip to HEB for icecream was in order. What's a game without icecream? ;)

I was in the car in seconds. H stayed behind to play with the dog and clean the kitchen. A short drive down the road and as i was turning into the HEB parking lot a cop flashed his lights on me and pulled me over - for what??? I was NOT speeding. I had my lights on. I put my blinker on to get into the turn lane. What in the world???

A very large cop approached my car and I immediately asked, "um, hi, why did you pull me over?" "Well, you passed a car on the left in a turn lane."

Rewind here. Okay. There was a slow moving truck before me, but I stuck it out until about ten feet before the turn lane began for HEB. I did pass him, but I was just cruising up to the light in the turn lane, and not trying to get in front of him. I was going the speed limit, again, I must make that clear and known (to those of you who doubt my driving).
He asked for my insurance. Boy, did I tear that car apart trying to find our newest insurance card. I explained that this was a new car and I needed a little bit to open up the manual book and the glove compartment. He was fine to wait. I called my hubby in frustrated tears, asking where the insurance card was. I finally found it - right where it should be - in the glove compartment.

The cop was still not budging. . . so I got a traffic citation for this stupid 'offense' which I am baffled by. I am still wondering if I should contest it. It seemed like a completely ridiculous thing for me to get a citation for.


I was in a pretty irate mood in the store as I grabbed our ice cream essentials. I drove VERY carefully home and couldn't bring myself to watch our team struggle against the Mavs in the state I was in. I had to clean the kitchen first, and settle down. H informed me that we were winning, and so we got our icecream and finished off the cranky night with a Spurs win. WOHOO.

Life goes on. I admit, my attitude was not stellar, but I still feel like this was not fair. :( Kay, done with my pity party.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear D2,
Contest the ticket. Offer to go to traffic school again (I did that, and kept it off the insurance.) Sounds like a bored officer. Those rules about left passing are so vague anyway, he probably figured it was a technical call, or an easy ticket.
So strange that you keep attracting traffic police.
Arrgggh on your behalf.
M2

Christina said...

I'm sorry! Such a bummer and rather lame in my opinion. I had been wondering where the post on that close Spurs win was going to come though, lol.

If it makes you feel better (not sure if I told you this before)... I was once pulled over for making a "suspicious" looking U-turn on a dead-end street. Again... DEAD-END!!! So was I supposed to pull over and wait for them to finish the street or what? I had no choice but to U-turn!!!! Now talk about a bored cop in a town of like 7,000. LOL. Hope it gets cleared up.

Stephanie said...

Contest that, for sure. He was just bitter that he couldn't be home watching the game, too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, strange that you keep attracting traffic police. They probably just want to get a closer look at you.
The clue, I think was in the comment about sticking it out behind the slow moving truck.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger