18 March 2008

Milk & Toast

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. . .

Why?

Maybe because its so simple - a little something to start your morning that can give you energy to lunch.
It doesn't have to be elaborate - like pancakes, muffins, or eggs (although, I am a fan of these choices, on special occasions). You can just pop an english muffin in your toaster and in a minute or so you are spreading soft cream cheese on the tops and grabbing your mug of coffee (or, in my case, tea or milk).

Mmmm - so good.

I used to skip breakfast for coffee when I was younger, only to end up spent by noon. . . the kick of caffeine would last for a couple of hours, but then would wear off, leaving me cranky. I slowly weaned myself back into the thought of eating breakfast with a banana on the way out the door. It felt like a lump was in my throat, and all morning long, I could feel it slowly sinking into my tummy. Ughh. I tried oatmeal - apples - lowfat poptarts - cold cereal - bagels . . . I found my favorite to be boring old toast of all things. Toast is like a peanut butter staple (oooh, and it tastes sooo good with smooth and creamy peanut butter)- there is just something so wholesome about it, something so classic, so delicious.

MMMMmmmmm . . . . breakfast - and, can you guess what I am having this morning ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger