20 February 2008

Wrapped around my finger

Beloved

This is the meaning of my name - Amy - and what a precious reminder to me.

Sometimes I manage to forget that I am chosen, called, and beloved of God. How could I ever doubt any of these is beyond me, but there it is. I forget, or rather, I disbelieve.

Remembering a moment of tearful doubt, I once confessed to my husband that I was having a really hard time believing in the love he had/has for me. This was a painful admission, and a weak moment that Satan delighted in, took opportunity in, and pounced upon.

My warrior fought for me when he told me to look at the set of rings on my finger. The shape of round. Circles that endlessly turn, continuous until breaking for a beautiful diamond tightly clenched in the middle. The diamond is the love that the Lord perfects as we grow more united in marriage, and the band is the commitment that we have made to each other, and that God has made to us.

And this is how the Lord loves His children.

Amy, I am never letting you go. I love you, you are My beloved.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yes ma'am. That is indisputable stuff.

Anonymous said...

I think all too often we forget this. I too forget this. Thanks for a reminder.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger