04 February 2008

Oops

The other day, I acted without thinking. Well, this is not really a rare thing I guess, but this particular thing was completely mindless of me. . .

Sigh

Well, here goes. . .

I was sitting at my desk at work, when a young teenage girl walked in the door with a box full of something. While normally I would shue her away like any other vendor, her youth and sweet smile kept me from pushing her out the door.

She was friendly and conversational, and said that she was part of a group that was selling these stained-glass-like designs made from shells from the Philippines to raise money for character leadership training.

pretty ain't it?

Now, if I was not so absorbed in leafing through the wares, I would have been more attentive to what the organization actually was.

But no

I had to be hasty and impulsive, and buy the sun catcher above for a rip-off of $25, only to realize later, as I glanced at the bookmark she had left with me, what I had just supported. . .

Which read:

Our activities are motivated by the Five Universal Principles for Peace:

1. There is one God who is the Creator of all and the Parent of humankind (check - agreed)
2. Human beings are essentially spiritual in nature (okay)
3. The family is the "School of Love" and Cornerstone for World Peace (m'kay . . . ?)
4. The Highest Standard for relationships is to "live for the sake of others" (alright)
5. Inter-religious and international cooperation are essential to world peace. (???)


I feel like I just read something off a starbucks cup. . .

Oh dear. Think girl, THINK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was probably a Moonie. We had some that came by this past fall and tried to sell us something similar.

Hofwoman said...

I am glad that you saw the light and didn't buy anything.

I hang my head in shame. . .

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger