16 November 2007

Thoughts for this morning

My oh my, its a chilly day here. Chills being in the mid-40's (which seems the freezing point for us Texans) I am well aware of REAL COLD, mind you, I lived in Northern Idaho for 4 years. ;)

This morning I was encouraged by a little piece that Nancy Wilson posted. It was kind of convicting for me to read, actually.

Being at this 'phase' of life, I often feel like I am just a tree waiting to produce. Now that seems weird, but the status of being married and yet unchildrened sometimes makes you feel a little dormant in the fruit department. But this was again, convicting to read:


Women tend to think that children are the only kind of fruit there is. And, of course, those little olive shoots around the table are as fruity as can be. But for the unmarried woman, or for the wife without children, you must consider that God has other ways for you to bear fruit if He has not yet given you children.


The entire post is worth reading :)


1 comments:

jen said...

i'm right there with you, mames. i'm so thankful for mrs.wilson! :)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger