02 November 2007

Awww, shucks

I have a confession to make. . . a little bit delayed, but here goes. . .

I got a ticket for speeding at the end of August. . .

Yes, (shock) I do speed. Unashamed. And frequently.
This time, evidentially, I was going 63 or so in a 45 mph zone. I was in a part of the city that I normally never go, and over the span of 15 miles, it seemed like the speed limit changed at least 4 times. Or maybe I am just making excuses.

The thing was, when I was caught, I was going the speed limit. . . but anyway. . .

Well, like a good and honest citizen, I sold the city of Helotes the rights to my first-born, paid the hundred and forty dollar fine, bought the driver's training video, and now, yes, today, I have to watch the 6 hour thing.

I am not trying to make you pity me either.

Just thought I'd confess. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a stiff penalty! Was that coming back from Kim's???? Because if it was, I feel really bad you got the ticket, because I think I passed you! *blushing*

Anonymous said...

As a frequent and unashamed speeder, let's not feel bad for her, but rather hope that the fine and video may do some good.After all she may be transporting precious cargo some day, besides herself of course. Glad you finally fessed up. If I remember right, you were also talking on the phone at the time. (I knew there were some other questions I should have asked at the beginning).

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Don't let him intimidate you. We brilliant women have better things to do than watch the silly speed limit signs carefully. My tickets have been for more speeding than that. ;)
M2
PS that is a stiff fine tho even having to watch the video. Does that constitute re-education? And not appear on your insurance? That's the stickler...

Hofwoman said...

Yes, it was coming back from Kim's . . . :(

Will - I feel bad enough, do you have to rub it in??? ;) Once a speeder, always a speeder. . .

M2 - I have mastered the art of multitasking while driving - either I am pretty skilled or pretty stupid. . . I prefer the former ;)

The video (all 300 minutes of it) clears me from the court appearance and from being tagged on my insurance. . . I hate this state sometimes. :(

With His Grace said...

Helotes cops are pretty on top of things, I admit it, I got one in Selma a while back. The judge was quite lovely though!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger