06 November 2007

My Love

Oh . . . Did I fail to mention that my beloved is finally home?

He surely is!!! :)

We had a sweet reunion on Saturday, early afternoon. His plane rolled in right on time. I tell you, welcome home kisses are the best :)
After he was fed and showered, we went to check out the new Costco that opened in OUR neck of the woods. Can you imagine how happy I was to have HIM pick up that big ol' 65-lb bag of dog chow!? !

I made dinner for the first time in months. . . just getting out my pots and pans made me giddy. And, I have never been so happy to see so many dishes flood my sink! ;)
I made some delicious waffles from a Hot Providence cookbook recipe, and we savored each bite with coffee and the newspaper. (I'll post the recipe in a while).
After a wonderful church service and a bit of fellowshipping, we headed home. I packed us a little lunch and we went to a quiet spot by the Guadalupe river in New Braunfels and enjoyed the sunny fall day. It was so nice to celebrate the sabbath with my man! We decided to go see that movie 'Dan in Real Life' with Steve Carell (aka Mr. Michael from 'The Office"). It was actually pretty good :)

So okay, maybe it sound like we are newlyweds or something, but its really been too long since we lived in the same house TOGETHER :)

I am really thankful right now - he has the possibility of getting a project that is only 2 hrs away and so he'd be home on the weekends, for sure. We are both hoping for that, but we are praying to be at peace with wherever God wants him.

God is so good!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell Haven we said, welcome home! If you are out for a walk, stop by!

Hofwoman said...

Will do - we miss you guys! :)

Emily said...

YAY HAVEN!!!! I love my brother and sister. they make my life so joyful. blessings to you guys. :) give hector a hug from his auntie.

Christina said...

What joy! I'm glad you had such a wonderful reunion.

Stephanie said...

Welcome home, Haven! We sure have missed seeing you and your lovely wife together, all cutsie and lovey-dovey. Stay home, for Pete's sake!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger