17 January 2007

Snuggly

I am sipping hot cocoa in my flannel jammie pants and huge hoodie. All the beautiful ice (which I will post pictures of tomorrow, promise) is melting slowly, drip by drip. The temp is creeping up the 30's line - we may even get lucky at 40 tomorrow.

After about 20 hours (+) without power, its such a relief to be able to sit under a well-lit dining room and have my computer humming again. Our power decided to die as we were watching What's Up Doc last night. . . Sigh - at least we had already dinnered and cleaned up.

Thank goodness for family close-by - We 'camped' at my parents' house last night - they had power, heat, cable tv, and a warm guest bed ready for us. After a good nights' sleep, some lounging, delicious split pea soup and a magnifique back rub from mom, we decided to try to venture back to our place.
We found it dark and cold, no change. It was a little depressing, but we snuggled under the covers for an hour and a half to conserve body heat. We went out to get some dinner at a sub place, and watched snippets on CNN about global warming - ummm. . . (I could write a page about how silly I think that is, especially right now.)
So, power came back on within the hour. I happily loaded the dishwasher and finished tidying the house for tomorrow. Maybe it will resume to some kind of normalcy in the morning.

Its been sort of an adventurous kind of week - we are in good spirits though.

Over & Out. ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger