16 January 2007

Ice is Funny

I am sure you have all heard, and many are experiencing this "ice storm" here in good ol' S.A.

As we all freak out that Walmart and HEB are out of firelogs, and that we have no sort of scraper to chunk off ice from our frozen windshields so we use metal spatulas and vacuum cleaner attachments, I have to laugh. I laugh at the car in front of me, barely going 5 mph, and the car behind me trying to pass me to get in front of the snail. I laugh at how empty all the shelves are in the stores, and at the people pushing around huge, overflowing carts of food and bottled water. I am sorry, I just laugh. Its funny, mostly because this rarely happens here.

Everything seems to go into crisis mode when the weather throws us one. And while people try to come up for the reason behind it, I think that its just a great excuse to get off work early and watch 24 episodes with my spouse. ;)

Well, anyway.
Everyone, please be safe and careful. Stay warm and snuggly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. Earlier this week I wrote a post about our weather here in OKlahoma and the stores being empty. It is SO funny. I was wishing I had my camera at Wal-mart to take a pic of the empty shelves.

I have a video of my 16 mo old playing in the snow/ice today, and he has a blast! We're in for another round thsi weekend!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger