09 January 2007

A bit battle-worn and perhaps a tad feeblish

I'm tired.
This morning, it was all I could do to just sit up. I could have slept until noon (my dream day - lounging in pajamas and watching Doris Day movies while licking cookie dough off a wooden spoon. . . Sigh)

Dreams.

While my mouth is agape at this, I quickly come back to earth. Right now, I am investing all my tired energy into working fulltime, covering for my office manager as she is taking a well-deserved Florida vacation. I am trying to get over a nasty little cold too. And be cheerful - yeah.


Cheerful? I am not very good at that right now. I guess that even as much as I love the duties and position that God has given me as a wife and employee, I still find it in my heart that I am struggling to keep a right attitude of thankfulness. Mornings like these past ones were full of wishes that the world of duties would just go away. I wanted to escape.
But being depended upon is a blessing in disguise. From giving of myself, comes great joy and fufillment. The giving may be painful, unpleasant, and perhaps undesirable at times, but this is the life that God has fashioned for His children. To give.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger