20 January 2008

Soul Soak


This week, I have found myself slipping into my tub more than usual. Like a tea bag, I gladly dunk myself into a tub of hot water and bubbles, close my eyes and forget problems of the day.

Its a wonderful soul retreat.

I surround myself with bubble baths, candles, soaps, and scrubbies, and only wish that I could stay in longer without getting pruney.

I have found the same solace and peace (if not even more - you know what, MORE) in soaking my soul in the Word in the morning, complete with a delicious cup of tea. Its a great waker-upper, a pleasant start to any tough morning too.

I have re-arranged my crazy morning schedule to meet with the Lord first, rather than midday. He has given me such joyful mornings since I have changed, I am convicted that I have not done this sooner.
Sometimes it takes a new year to realize the routines that you have fallen into may not be the best things for your Christian growth. I am thankful for His hand on me, steering my thirsty soul to a deep well to soak in.
Dunk me in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy- I will be praying for you too. Feel free to stop by the house any time! You are always welcome and our door is always open to you!
Kristine

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger