09 January 2008

He's got the whole world in His hands

Last night, my co-leader and I taught our jr. highers through Matthew 12. Being our first class back from a 3 week break, we both felt so indebted to the Lord for sustaining us through all the little hiccups!
The lesson covered Jesus' replies to the Pharisee's accusations of working & healing on the sabbath, and then their blasphemies against Him by daring to align His work with Satan.

In a rather shaky lesson, I tried to illustrate how God's control over Satan and evil through a visual example, a giant hand. Although it didn't work into the lesson the way that I would have liked, I am thankful that I was able to reach all the other points of the lesson that needed to be taught.

Anyway, today I was thinking of God's Hand of control over our lives. I was especially thinking about all the areas that Haven and I pray for, think about, and worry of often. I mentally placed them in God's open hand
and then thanked Him for closing His palm around them, sealing them off from me. He has taken care of all these things.



I am so thankful for His control.
There is no better place to be than in the hands of our Potentate.

2 comments:

Christina said...

What a great idea. I think we need to more often give these worries to God and be confident that they are being taken care of because they are always in God's capable hands. We'll take note of your worries and be praying along side of you for children, Haven's work, and you desires to move back to the Northwest. HUGS

Emily said...

hm. Mames, you're a neat woman :) and He is a great God. Find peace.


ems

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger