14 January 2008

Crybaby

There have been many tears this past weekend.

The loss of a sweet loved one (my stepfather's mother& my adopted Grandmother) has been the biggest grief-giver. And yet, we are grateful to know that she lives eternally with our Saviour. I am so thankful that God provided a flight right away for my parents to be there before her passing.
Haven and I took their two little boston terriers for a while, and while they were here, there was much romping around with our Hector.

We had a quiet weekend, well, minus our night at the Alamodome for Monster Jam ;)
(Yes, we like Monster Truck rallies - they're a blast ;)
We rented another set of 24 (we are working our way through season six.
We had snacky dinners, happy puppies and lots of vegging out.
We just needed it.

Haven dropped by my work tonight, at the end of the day to say goodbye for the week.
I can't remember the last time I cried so much. I contained it until after I left work, and like a ticking time bomb, I sort of exploded in the car driving home. Its not like he's going away for a month - he'll be back on Friday. Its not like we haven't spent any time together at all this past month either.
Its just that I love him.

The God who is Love gives us love that gets richer, deeper, better, and sweeter with time. The hard things we've gone through with this crazy job of his has made the reward of being together all the greater. I am just one big ball of drippy black mascara and snot and streaky tears.

One big happy crybaby.

3 comments:

Christina said...

You're more than entitled to all of the tears, snot, and such. I'm sorry for your grandmother's passing, but rejoice in God's awesome promises with you. May the days Haven are away pass quickly. Have a richly blessed week and know you are in our prayers. HUGS (I'm used to Evan snot so I don't mind :P )

Hofwoman said...

Thanks Christina :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger