23 January 2008

Buh-Bye Energy Bean

Well, I've given it up . . .
The energy bean, I mean . . . caffeine.

What? Huh? Cold Turkey???

Yep

I realized how much I consumed each day, and I know that it hasn't helped me. I already survived the day one (the worst!) and day 2 has been so much better. I feel so good. I have been drinking juice and ice water, and enough tea to make me have to use the facilities at least 15 times a day.

What I wanted to know when I first started this was, were there any exceptions?

Yes - Sunday morning - coffee with caffeine. And chocolate has NOT been eliminated. My body would go into too much shock if I did that. I am severely cutting back though.

We'll see how this goes -
in the meantime, my coffee cup is empty and my teacup is full :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! What kind of tea are you drinking? Caffeinated? :)

Kat

Hofwoman said...

No - Herbal, Promise!
I am drinking an assortment of Stash (Mango, Raspberry) Celestial Seasonings (Apple), and Yogi (Chamomile)

Christina said...

That's great! You can do it and you'll be healthier for the choosing :) I gave up soda one year as a resolution... and well, it was 11 years this January! Now if I could have that kind of will power to get this weight off, I'd be set!! LOL.

So, you liked the catalog? Some cute things, huh! I LOVE the Global Fusion collection and just bought some wonderful stuff for our home. If you're ever interested, let me know!

Have a blessed weekend.

Stephanie said...

WHAT? Did I miss the memo? I can't believe you, of all people, are giving up your beloved coffee! :)

Hofwoman said...

I know - its crazy! ME WHO LOVES COFFEE!!!!?????????

Hofwoman said...

FULLY CAFFEINATED< STRONG< BLACK< COFFEE?????

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger