03 February 2007

Of mementos and memories. . .

I started to go through the top shelf in my crowded closet. Quel Mess!!!

I opened two boxes full of all kinds of papers. . . childhood artwork, as well as some Brothers Grimm-like stories (with illustrations, of course) by my sister, hilarious vocabulary essays written by my brother, some rhymes and poetry I had penned sometime under ten & a couple of cards my dad had given my mom.

I laid everything out in organized piles and smiled as I read each page. It all came from a worn folder that held baptism certificates, newspaper clippings from a victorious gingerbread house contest, negatives from pictures I can't find. . . Things that belonged to a different life, a different time, a different place. . .

How did I get all this stuff? This is mom stuff . . .
And how did all this end up in a plastic storage bin, stashed with miscellaneous pictures, old receipts, bank statements and programs from our wedding? (Am I
that disorganized?)
At any rate, Its been a walk down memory lane & I am sure that this stuff will make the rounds to each appropriate owner ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger