21 February 2007

Blessed are the shallow, depth they'll never find

This particular line caught me off guard yesterday. No, this is not a line from the beatitudes. . . I pulled out a really old Jars of Clay tape that I had stuffed in the middle console of my car, and was actually amused that the thing still worked, having survived the hot summer of last year in a steaming little space.

So, anyway, this line.

What a strange thing to cause conviction. It pointed me to really think about how surface level & shallow I have been lately. With my work,just trying to get those hours in and not seeking to be as productive and profitable as I could be. With my housework, putting things off, not thinking about the day after today with shopping, cleaning and planning. With my marriage, not seeking the longterm needs of my spouse, but having that same 'this moment' mentality, and,most grieving, my relationship with God, not putting the most time and effort into reading and praying and seeking Him.
This is just a small list, there are many other things that I did not mention, but, I am convinced that this is the fruit of my empty heart. Emptiness verses the fullness that I am so desiring to cultivate.
When I am not seeking the Father, my life cannot portray joy, servant hood, and beauty. If I do not consistently seek His Word as my daily bread, I cannot do anything right. I can only hope for a meager blessing.



Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall possess the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger