27 February 2007

A little bit of everything, all rolled into one

I am kind of wondering if this is going to be a 'fast' week - I have my secret hopes that it will be. With H finally over a yucky bug, I think that it is now my turn to get sick. These bugs always seem to start with a scratchy, sore throat, followed by head congestion which makes you feel like you have been hit straight-on by a semi. . . ugghh.
H used up all the Dayquil, so I need to make a little trip to Walgreens.

We had a wonderful weekend. We found a working dryer! Or, maybe we just found that our breakers weren't working quite right - at any rate, we are tumbling loads of wet clothing & they are emerging DRY.
Well, another sweet blessing was to see my Grammy and my Aunt from New Mexico. They actually were on their way to visit my brother and his sweet fam in Ohioland, but only got as far as Dallas and then San Antonio. What a fun surprise!

I got out of jury duty yesterday - bringing in a contract which proved that we were moving to a different county saved me. :)

I started packing things last night, but, now as I look around at what I did, I am already getting annoyed with myself for not doing it in an organized fashion. I hate disorder, and I am not too keen about throwing miscellaneous things in boxes that will give me a big headache later.

This is our first move - together.
Any suggestions or tips to make it as easy as possible?

Hope everyone has a great week - I so am glad that we can't pass germs through blogging!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write what is in the box on all four sides.

Unknown said...

And what room it goes to in the new house. Also if you use color coded dots for each area then easier to put dots together in same room

Anonymous said...

do not mix stuff like books and dishes, you wiht think only one thing is in there and totally lose the other stuff. also, pack your luggage like you are going on a trip, that way you have all the essencials while you try and unpack the rest of your boxes.

jen said...

if you want to be type A about it, you can give each box a number, write in on the sides, and then after you pack that box, jot down what you put in it. and if you want to get anal about it, you could type it up all pretty, punch holes in it, and put it in a folder entitled "hofman and woman's index of junk for the new castle". it would be organized as follows, Box #1: red dishes and placemats; Box #2: bakeware; Box #3: amy's five million journals; etc. :0)

we knew we were going to be moving twice in one year when we left Idaho, and i knew I had to have system if I was going to avoid the mental ward. and I AM SO GLAD I DID, because i reference that silly index for a whole year, and i always knew what was in what box at the drop of a hat.

...then of course, it was all about trying to find the box!

Anonymous said...

We have done this each time we moved (or at least each time we moved and I had enough wits about me to make sure to pack this.)Have one box with the ESSENTIALS in it to spend that first night in somewhat civilized fashion. It should have: flashlight, extension cords, lightbulbs, bandaids, screwdriver, aspirin, toilet paper, soap, paper towels, paper plates, scotch tape, paper and pencil, clean pillow cases, hand towels and washcloths, measuring tape,Cadbury bar, bottle of wine.... All those things you need to have at hand as you put things into first places in a new house. It sounds totally miscellaneous, but most of it is used and the rest is handy till you get stuff in place.
Love you, wish we could be there to help.
M2

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger