06 February 2007

Burst of Sunshine




I hardly know where to begin. I don't even have the words. This week has put me in great awe, and speechlessness. I cannot even come near to explaining how gracious God has been.
And that is what this week has been. Dumbfounded at how much I have worried, and at how faithful the Lord has been.
I feel overwhelmed, but in the best way. . . Its like a curling wave behind me, but I want to be drenched in it, soaked completely through. My feet are buried in wet sand, holding me firmly in place, ready for the strength of the ocean. And I may topple over, I may lose my footing, I may get taken under the wave. But I will not fear.
Sometimes I wonder, how in the world did I get here, in this place called Texas? It was never in my wildest imagination that I would be here, and yet, right now, I am having the hardest time picturing me anyplace else. The Lord is truly settling us here, making us a home, providing for our needs, giving us hope, fellowship, friends and joy.

And all we have breath to say is, "We stand in awe of You Lord".

4 comments:

Granny said...

When we were in all our years of traveling around the world with the Air Force, we used to say that it was a lot more fun being FROM Texas than actually living there. Still partly true, but God has graciously given us a wonderful home here and a wonderful church family and a life that He prepared, so I'm lovin' it :-) (I wouldn't mind, though, being closer to mountains LOL)

Unknown said...

Amy, I love the new picture of you and Haven from your wedding. You look so beautiful.

jen said...

You DO look so beautiful! It was such an honor to be there that day.

how's house things goin'? are you packing yet? :)

love you guys!

Hofwoman said...

Thanks Michelle :)

Jen - I was honored to have YOU there. You helped me soo much that day (and in the planning before that day)

We are still sitting in an unpacked apartment & trying to get out of our lease has been complicated. Bleh. But we are still excited. :)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger