15 October 2007

Weak Spot

Its been a week of trying to push through the days to get to the end of the month, the end of this chunk of separation . . . and, I've hit a that proverbial 'weak' spot.

Its the spot where I've been down on my knees, because the strength is sapped, the emotional fortitude is gone, and joy is just so hard to come by. I have no other place to run except my Father's arms.

I choose to be light Lord, because You are the Everlasting Sun - You whisk away the darkness with one quick sweep of Your hand.

I choose to be Joy Lord, because You are the satisfaction of life, the Filler of empty vessels.

I choose strength Lord, because You are the Power to get through the difficult days, the times when I don't understand Your will, Your plan.
I chose to be content in what You have brought us. Even if its hard. Even if I am kicking and screaming, and even if I don't like it all the time. Your will supersedes mine and I will trust it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hang in there, Amy. You have so much strength through our Father, and this time will soon pass. You're amazing and Haven is blessed to have you by his side. Focus on your fun trip to CA this weekend!

Hofwoman said...

Christina,
Thank you for that - what a sweet encouragement!
I love reading your family blog by the way - :) Take care!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger