13 October 2007

Knots

Thought I'd take a little break from picture posting to just, well, WRITE ;)

As I have been preparing my Bible lesson on Matthew 4 for my jr. highers this week, the subject matter could not be more appropriate for me to learn myself.

Oh the way the Lord convicts and humbles through His Word!

In Matthew 4, Jesus was led into the desert by the Spirit to be tempted by the Devil. He knew full well that He was going to be tempted too. After 40 days and nights of fasting, He was at His physically weakest moment possible. That was when Satan tempted Him. But how ready our Saviour was to reproach his evil intentions! Instead of succumbing to the temptations, Jesus rebuked Him with the sharp Word of God. It was His Shield and defense.

As I read this passage, I became sorely aware of how quickly I fold into temptation, giving in to sin. I too often do not prepare myself for temptation’s strike, and, as a result, I give the devil the victory. Oh to be strong like Jesus, and shield myself with the mighty Word!


Its so hard live in the light of the fact that we are already victors in Him; that HE HAS ALREADY won the battles for us.

Why is this so? This mortal life is so twisted, and our hearts are so inclined to sin.

May God extract every single strand of black thread from my heart, that I may be pure!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger