17 October 2007

Flip sides and mixed blessings

Over the past three months, I have been sort of keeping a list of the pros/cons, negatives/positives, bright sides/down sides, etc. of H's new position as a site manager.
When we began down this path, it excited both of us. We looked at it like the time when we were looking for a house, and how thrilling it was to finally find one with our name on it. This job had the shine of a new penny, full of great prospects and promise. Over prayer, and over seeking the Lord's wisdom, He confirmed the decision with great peace. And so began the journey, both emotional and physical. This new phase has required a great amount of patience, endurance, and trust that the Lord will bring us together after periods of being apart.

And the Lord has truly been faithful through this different time. Its a time that we didn't plan for really. We didn't really expect to be in places where we are now, but then again, do we ever find ourselves in places we expect? Life would be so extremely boring if we always knew what would happen next. Nothing is as perfect as it sounds either. But such is life here on earth where no person, job, career, or situation ever satisfies the way the Lord can.

And so, let me count the ways the Lord has been good to us, through the good and the hard times that have come with this new phase:

things that are hard (not necessarily 'bad') & things that are good

Getting up in the morning and not seeing my husband's

face resting on the pillow next to mine.



Waking up to see my husband's text message on my cell


Not being able to cook dinner every night.

Not having to cook EVERY night

Having to walk the dog all by myself

Hector's better behavior, and the quiet times I
have on those nightly walks

Sundays - missing our sabbath breakfast tradition,
our leisurely mornings over the paper and coffee and going to church together

Going to church and being blessed by others, served by others and loved by others

Sleeping in a large bed by myself

Being able to spread out a little bit

Not having man messes to pick up

Not having man messes to pick up

Taking care of the bills, garbage and car maintenance

Developing a greater appreciation for the things
he takes care of when he is home

No Snuggling :(
No Kisses :( :( :(
No Hugs :( :( :( :(

How much I love him and miss him physically - and how
wonderful it is to see him again


When he is down and not being able to be with him

Learning that God is the only one who can truly comfort him

Learning how to be an encouragement across many miles

How God has given us strength to encourage each other

and how that surpasses the distance

Being apart from the man I love so much.

Cards, letters, emails, and long phone conversations

from the man I love so much



There are many other things that I have left off, but I am finding that the pros outnumber the cons. . . everytime I think of something hard or negative, the Lord gives me a reason to thank Him for that thing.
&

Thank you, all you who have prayed for us, thought of us, and loved us through this time. We feel it!

Praise be to God for the way He blesses us!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger