27 October 2007

Owl Play

This evening, late, I shoved the dog outside for his usual night-romp before bed. About ten minutes later as I was busy scrubbing the kitchen floor, it occurred to me that I hadn't heard a peep from my usual 'let-me-inside' now, dog.

Hmm. . . I peeked my head outside to see what the pup was up too. All I saw were a pair of glowing eyes staring back at me. I tried to keep my voice down, to not wake my poor neighbors, 'Hector, come on, get in here'. The beast stood there with his hair on the back all ruffed up, and he was intently staring at something on my neighbor's roof.

And there he was. A ginormous owl - peacefully perched on the corner, staring at my confused dog. Yes. I knew this one. He has been over in our neck of the woods (or lack thereof) the past three months, hooting, swooping, and keeping down the rat population. He has a friend owl too - only tonight, that one seemed mia.

The dog was excitedly pacing around the yard, keeping his eye on the owl and coming back to something in the other corner, which I couldn't quite make out, but judging by the soft squeaking, I was pretty sure it was a bunny. Maybe that was why the owl was so interested. It took some treat-coaxing to get my *expletive* dog back inside. . . sigh - sorry neighbors.

To bed we go - I dunno about this owl play.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger