24 March 2007

Sleep-in Saturday?

After a long & particularly stressful week for us, we were looking forward to some log-sawing this morning. . .
I was awakened by our 11 month old whining for love and attention. . . this dog is currently our future 'baby training' I guess - although, you can't exactly put your baby outside and leave him ;)

Well, anyway. . . it was 5:30 am - dog was whining and barking and yipping, a combination not very conducive to sleeping in. Groggily, I let Hector out - loved him up with belly scratching, ear-rubbing, and squeaky toying. . . I put a smear of peanut butter in his Zoink (its a kong, basically) and tucked him back in for at least a few more hours of sleepytime. . . (please).
Half an hour later, the interest he had in the zoink had dissapated - he is quickly finding a way to lick all the peanut butter out in 10 minutes. . .
Hubby did the duty this time - he just put him outside and gave him an early breakfast. . . I didn't hear any more peeps after that.

The next time I woke up, I was alone in bed and it was 9am. . . hmmm. . . I wandered downstairs to find my industrious hubby making waffles - oops. . . I stumbled upon breakfast in bed. . . I went back upstairs and waited till minutes later, hubby arrived with steaming cups of coffee, and plates of heart-shaped waffles - ahh. . . he's such a romantic. . .

We are doing some yard work & I am uploading pics from last night's event. . .

3 comments:

Emily said...

haha oh Haven...

Anonymous said...

And this is only under "dog"?

Hofwoman said...

Will~
note the two new labels. . . ;)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger